Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) offers low-cost/high-ratio financing to owners and developers of residential housing. CMHC-insured loans effectively become guaranteed by the Government of Canada. As a result, the total borrowing cost is usually less than borrowing from conventional sources.
Domain Funding is a CMHC correspondent and has access to all CMHC lending programs, including:
- High-ratio construction financing
- Term loans for apartment buildings and townhouse projects
- Non-recourse lending to non-profit housing societies, church-groups and charities
- Seniors housing, including congregate and intermediate care facilities
- RRAP financing to convert or improve rental housing