Domain Securities Corp. is a corporation organized under the laws of British Columbia with a head office in Vancouver, British Columbia. Domain Securities Corp. is registered as an Exempt Market Dealer in British Columbia with British Columbia Securities Commission for the purpose of acting as a selling agent of prospectus exempt securities to persons (individuals, corporations and other legal entities) located in British Columbia. In the course of its business, Domain Securities Corp. may collect certain personal information about you with your consent.
“Personal Information” means any factual or subjective information, recorded or not, about an identifiable individual. This includes information in any form such as, but not limited to, your age, name, ID numbers, income, home address, credit records or other financial information, opinions, evaluations and comments. Personal Information does not include your name, business contact information, or other publicly available printed and electronic information.
In the course of providing mortgage broker services, Domain Securities Corp. may share your Personal Information with financial institutions, private lenders, credit reporting agencies, affiliates or other parties directly involved in the mortgage process.
Based on Privacy Laws, we have tailored the following nine privacy principles that all Domain Securities Corp. employees have adopted to ensure your privacy rights are protected.
- Identifying Purpose
- Limiting Collection
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
- Safeguarding Personal Information
- Openness and Access
PRINCIPLE 1 – ACCOUNTABILITY
Domain Securities Corp. is accountable for the protection of your Personal Information under its custody and control. While senior management is ultimately accountable for the protection of Personal Information, the day-to-day monitoring for compliance may be delegated to other staff.
PRINCIPLE 2 – IDENTIFYING PURPOSES
Domain Securities Corp. will communicate the purposes for which your Personal Information is being collected, either orally or in writing. We do this explicitly or by implication where the purpose of using such Personal Information is reasonably apparent to you by virtue of its nature or the context in which it is being collected.
PRINCIPLE 3 – CONSENT
Domain Securities Corp. will obtain your consent before or when it collects, uses or discloses your Personal Information. The method of obtaining consent will be appropriate to the type of Personal Information being collected, used or disclosed.
Consent can be express, implied, or given through an authorized representative such as a lawyer, agent or broker.
In some circumstances, as permitted by Privacy Laws, we will collect, use and disclose your Personal Information without your consent, including situations of urgency when it is impractical to obtain your consent, when Domain Securities Corp. or its affiliates need to collect monies or in connection with an investigation or proceeding by Domain Securities Corp. or its affiliates or a law enforcement agency.
Consent may be withdrawn at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions, provided that reasonable notice or withdrawal of consent is given to Domain Securities Corp.
PRINCIPLE 4 – LIMITING COLLECTION
Personal Information collected by Domain Securities Corp. will be limited to those details necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. Personal Information will be collected only by reasonable and lawful means.
PRINCIPLE 5 – LIMITING USE, DISCLOSURE AND RETENTION
Personal Information is only to be used or disclosed for purposes for which it was collected unless permitted by Privacy Laws. Domain Securities Corp. does not sell or rent Personal Information to any organization or person for any reason.
Personal Information may only be retained for the amount of time needed to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws. Domain Securities Corp. takes due care when destroying Personal Information to prevent unauthorized access to the information.
PRINCIPLE 6 – ACCURACY
Domain Securities Corp. will keep Personal Information as accurate, complete and current as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. You can assist us by updating your Personal Information where it is found to be inaccurate or incomplete.
PRINCIPLE 7 – SAFEGUARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information is safeguarded using measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information and in keeping with generally accepted industry standards, including:
- Physical security measures such as restricted access facilities and locked filing cabinets
- Shredding of documents containing Personal Information
- Technological security measures such as password, encryption and firewall protection
- Organizational processes such as limiting access to your Personal Information on a “need-to-know” basis
Domain Securities Corp. is committed to ensuring that the appropriate security measures are employed in the transfer of sensitive information. However, confidentiality and security are not assured when information is transmitted through e-mail, internet or wireless communication on unencrypted systems. Domain Securities Corp. is not responsible for any loss or damage suffered as a result of a breach of security and/or confidentiality when you transmit information to Domain Securities Corp. by these methods or when Domain Securities Corp. transmits such information by these methods at your request.
PRINCIPLE 8 – OPENNESS AND ACCESS
Domain Securities Corp. is open about the practices it uses to protect Personal Information and information about these practices is available either electronically or in written format. To ensure the integrity of our security and business methods, Domain Securities Corp. may refuse to disclose certain information.
Upon your request, Domain Securities Corp. will make the following information available to you within a reasonable period of time:
- The title and address of the person accountable for the policies and procedures and to whom complaints or inquiries can be forwarded
- A description of the type of Personal Information held by Domain Securities Corp., including a general account of its use
- An explanation of what Personal Information is made available to related organizations
- Reasonable access to your Personal Information so you can review and verify its accuracy and completeness and request changes to the information. Domain Securities Corp. reserves the right to decline to make a requested correction but will append a notation to the record of your requested alternative information
- Updates to your Personal Information
- Subject to applicable exceptions under Privacy Laws, such as where:
- Your request would divulge confidential competitive business information of Domain Securities Corp.
- The information is not readily retrievable and the burden or cost of providing access is disproportionate to the nature of the request
- Access could interfere with or prejudice an investigation or proceeding by Domain Securities Corp. or its affiliates or law enforcement agencies
PRINCIPLE 9 – RECOURSE
Domain Securities Corp. ATTN: Privacy Officer 1100 – 1040 West Georgia Street Vancouver, BC V6E 4H1
Domain Securities Corp. and/or its Privacy Officer will acknowledge, record and investigate each privacy complaint it receives within a reasonable period of time.